Q: What makes Oxbridge different from other colleges?
Oxbridge is much more than just a sixth form college. Our founder DR C. O. Ogunsanya started the college in 1993 with a vision and a goal. We strive to fully prepare our students for a successful pursuit of Internationally recognised higher education studies. Since our inception we have adhered to this goal, innovating, constantly improving and refining what we do and surpassing expectations.
- We were the first specialist sixth form college in Nigeria
- We pioneered the idea of the pathway programme locally
- We were the first NCUK centre in Nigeria
- We were the first sixth form college to be COBIS recognised
- We are the highest achieving Nigerian NCUK centre
- We are the highest achieving Nigerian A level centre
If your goal is to achieve your best result and get a place on the best programme for you, at the best university for you, there is no better choice than Oxbridge.
About our Programmes:
Q: What programmes do you have on offer at the college?
- Cambridge 2 year A’levels.
- The accelerated one year A’levels.
- The NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY. A one year equivalent to A levels).
- 2+2 Pathway. Combines the NCUK IFY with the International Year One programme giving you access to year 2 on a programme at an NCUK Partner University.
- American Pathway
Beside these core programmes, the college also runs various english language qualifications:
Q: Who are the NCUK?
- Sheffield Hallam University
- The University of Sheffield
- The University of Salford
- Manchester Metropolitan University
- The University of Manchester
- Liverpool John Moores University
- Leeds Beckett University
- The University of Leeds
- The University of Huddersfield
- The University of Bradford
Newly added Partner Universities include:
- Aston University
- University of Birmingham
- University of Bristol
- University of Kent
- Kingston University, London
- Queen Mary, University of London
The NCUK’s growing network now includes institutions in the USA, Australia and the Caribbean. For more information About NCUK contact us or visit these link:
Q: What is the NCUK International Foundation Year (IFY)?
About our academic calendar:
Q : When does your school year start?
Q: When does the school year end?
Questions about our fees:
Q : How much are your fees (NCUK IFY, A Level (Per year)?
Q: What about the fees for the SAT and TOEFL programmes?
- Tuition for SAT is N90,000.
- Tuition for TOEFL is N50,000.
(Exam registration fee for SAT is $100 while it is $230 for TOEFL).
Interested in Boarding? Read on.
Q: Do you have boarding facilities?
We also offer weekly boarding where students stay with us from Sunday night to Friday evening. Many parents find this to be an ideal solution to the issues of traffic and a long working week.
Q: Do you allow mobile phones?
So you excel academically. How about Extra Curricular?
Q: What extracurricular activities do you have at the college?
- Dance classes
- Mixed martial arts
- Board/strategy games (inc chess club)
- We also have our press club Oxpress
- Local and international excursion programmes.
General questions about the college:
Q: What are the success rates of your students?
Q: What kind of facilities do you have in place?
- Modern, air conditioned classrooms
- Interactive whiteboards in every classroom
- School-wide wifi network
- Internet access
- Purpose built library
- Purpose built structure
- Multipurpose sport court
- Fully equipped, on site catering facilities
- Fully equipped art studio
- School gym
- On site medical facilities with full time nurse
Facilities currently under development include:
- Juice bar
- Additional quiet work areas around the premises
Q: Do students wear uniform?
Q: How do I apply for a programme?
Q: Is there an age limit for applicants?
Q: What is the average class size at Oxbridge Tutorial College?
Q: How qualified are Oxbridge teaching staff?
Q: How many international partners does Oxbridge have?
Q: What accreditation does Oxbridge have?
Q: Does Oxbridge assist its students in the processing of admission to international universities?
Q: Does Oxbridge offer language A levels (for example French)?
Q: Does Oxbridge offer support for challenged students?
We also have access to professionals who can offer specific support for those who may have learning difficulties.
Q: Does Oxbridge offer holistic programmes aimed at better preparing students for challenges they may face?
- Tutorial and Pastoral Programme
- Character counts programme
- Key Skills Programme
- Intervention Classes
- Health and fitness guidance
- Career/Work Experience programmes
- Life Skills Programme