Cambridge ESOl qualifications are the world’s leading range of certificates for learners of English. Each year, they are taken by over two million people, in 130 countries and are widely recognised for work and study purposes. The exams are linked to the Common European Framework (CEF) of Reference for Languages, published by the Council of Europe.
The Cambridge ESOL General English suite of exams has a wide choice of certificates reflecting the very different needs and abilities of people. Our certificates cover basic exams for those beginning to learn English, through to advanced certificates for those who have attained a high level of fluency.
KET/KET FOR SCHOOLS (Key English Test)
KET is the Cambridge ESOL exam which recognises the ability to deal with everyday written and spoken English at a basic level. It comprises of four papers, Speaking (8-10mins); Reading and Writing (1hour 10min); and Listening(30mins).
PET/PET FOR SCHOOLS (Preliminary English Test)
PET is a certificate for people who can use everyday written and spoken English at an intermediate level. It comprises of four papers, Speaking (10-12mins); Reading and Writing (1hour 30min); and Listening.
FCE (First Certificate in English)
FCE is aimed at people who can use everyday written and spoken English at an upper-intermediate level. It is an ideal exam for people who want to use English for work or study purposes.
FCE test comprises of five papers, Speaking (14mins); Use of English (45mins); Reading (1hour); Listening (40mins); and Writing (1hour 20mins).
CAE (Certificate in Advanced English) CAE is an exam for advanced users of English. This exam is aimed at people who can use written and spoken English for most professional and social purposes. It is widely recognised for work or study purposes.
CAE test comprises of five papers, Speaking (15mins); Use of English (1hour); Reading (1hour 15min); Listening (40mins); and Writing (1hour 30mins).
Why Cambridge English?
- Cambridge English exams are widely accepted as high-quality proof of language ability.
- They can open doors for you to live, work and study in English-speaking countries and almost anywhere in the world.
- Cambridge English exams are accepted by over 13,500 universities, employers and governments around the world. Our exams can open doors to higher education, improve employment opportunities, and because they are globally recognised, can increase learners’ choices for study or work.
- Cambridge English exams are recognised around the world by thousands of employers, universities and government ministries as proof of ability to use English.
- These certificates never expire, and will not need to be renewed — they are an achievement for life.
For more information or to book your test please fill in the form below: